Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The North Canton Playhouse presents its rendition of the sci-fi cult classic this month at the Auricle Live Music Venue in Canton
The North Canton Playhouse is pushing the limits again — this time with its production of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." Get ready for the scantily clad, saucy and always over-the-top characters in this Marci Saling Lesho-directed musical taking place inside the Auricle Live Music Venue in Canton. Here's the synopsis, provided by the North Canton Playhouse in a Patch event listing: That sweet transvestite and his motley crew did the time warp on Broadway in a 25th anniversary revival. Complete with sass from the audience, cascading toilet paper and an array of other audience participation props, this deliberately kitschy rock ‘n’ roll sci-fi gothic is more fun than ever. The show debuts at 7 p.m. Saturday. Check here for more show times.
Friday, April 20, 2012
Musical performances take place Saturday and Sunday at The Auricle in Canton
Actors from the North Canton Playhouse will hit the stage three times this weekend and next for their rendition of Spring Awakening. Written two centuries ago, the play focuses on teenagers discovering their sexuality while dealing with pregnancy, abuse and other issues that impact some youths in 2012. Because of mature content and language, the actors will perform the musical at The Auricle Live Music Venue in Canton. Show times and dates: Tickets: $23 at the door For more information: Visit northcantonplayhouse.com or call 330-494-1613
Thursday, December 15, 2011
In the mood for a little music? Our weekend planner offers a few different venues for you this weekend!
1. JEFF MILLER PERFORMS AT MUGGSWIGZ Where/When: Muggswigz Coffee & Tea Co., 137 Walnut Ave. NE, Canton ; 8 p.m.-10 p.m. Saturday Why Go: Meet a few friends at this downtown Canton coffee shop and discover some new mellow tunes. Interested in checking out Jeff Miller before the show? He's the one in our accompanying YouTube video. Cost: $4 suggested cover 2. PHASE PLAYS AT THE AURICLE Where/When: The Auricle Live Music Venue, 601 Cleveland Ave. NW, Canton; 7:30 p.m. Friday Why Go: Just giving you another option for new music in the area. Now you've got your choice of three bands — PHASE, The Said So and Hot Mess. Stick around for one, two or all three! Cost: N/A 3. SUNDAY BRUNCH WITH SANTA Where/When: 356 Fighter Group Restaurant; 10 a.m…
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Stop by the theater, a music venue or Santa's village this weekend
1. SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY AT FISHERS FOODS Where/When: Fishers Foods; During business hours Saturday Why Go: Customers paying with an American Express card can receive s $25 credit if they've registered their card on the Small Business Saturday Facebook page. Cost: No charge 2. THE HITMEN PERFORM AT PUCKERS Where/When: Puckers Sports Pub & Grille; 8:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. Friday Why Go: The Hitmen will celebrate being named the No. 1 local band in the Akron “Beacon’s Best” contest, the next-day’s Ohio State-UofM football game, big renovations at Puckers and an end to the Black Friday shopping day. (Plus, they might even sing a Pink song they've been working on.) Cost: Free 3. 'THE NUTCRACKER' AT AKRON CIVIC THEATRE Where/When: Akron Civic …
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Looking for a Halloween event to attend this weekend? We've got tons. How about trick-or-treat, a monster mash or Halloween at the 'Boo'seum?
1. NORTH CANTON TRICK-OR-TREAT Where/When: The city of North Canton Why Go: You know the routine: Get the kids decked out in their Halloween gear and take to the streets for a couple hours of candy collecting. Hey, you may even see North Canton Patch out there taking photos! Pricing: Free 2. THE 4TH RYAN HUMBERT BAND MONSTER MASH Where/When: The Auricle, 601 Cleveland Ave. NW, Canton; 7:30 p.m. Friday Why Go: Come see one Akron-Canton native Ryan Humbert perform along with the Yankee Bravo and the Tosca Abigail Band. Plus, you get free pizza from Ermanno's when you pay admission. Pricing: $5 3. WINE TASTING AT FISHERS FOODS Where/When: Fishers Foods; 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Saturday Why Go: Here's something a little atypical for your weekend: …
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Charles Prunty III is the man behind the Nov. 5 marketing event at the Auricle in downtown Canton. It aims to connect young people from Canton-Akron area.
Charles Prunty III has heard it before: There’s just not a whole lot for young people to do in the area. The Cleveland native and finance major at Walsh University knew there was something he could do to bring some fun to young locals and so he started putting together a black-tie networking event at the new downtown Canton music venue, The Auricle. The Nov. 5 event aims to connect students from Walsh, Malone University, Stark State College, Mount Union, the University of Akron and other nearby schools. It takes place from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. “It’s a way for students from all over to network and have fun, and it’s a chance for the business to connect with this demographic,” Prunty told North Canton Patch from inside the Washington Square …
Friday, October 7, 2011
We've got ridiculous amounts of music, lots of food and plenty of other entertainment stuffed into this weekend planner
1. SUSAN MINTON PROJECT AT PUCKERS Where/When: Puckers Sports Pub & Grille; 9 p.m. Saturday Why Go: Watch one rockin' lady entertain a bar full of people this weekend as Susan Minton and her band take to the stage. She can even cover Bon Jovi. Here's the proof. Pricing: Free 2. FREE SHOW AT THE AURICLE Where/When: The Auricle, 601 Cleveland Ave. NW, Canton; 7 p.m. tonight Why Go: Watch Benjamin Dunn & Friends, of Santa Cruz, CA, perform at the Auricle tonight. How often do you get to see a completely free show anyway? Pricing: Free 3. CLAMBAKE AT THE BARREL ROOM Where/When: The Barrel Room Wine & Beer Bar; 4:30 p.m. Saturday Why Go: What would a clambake be without a DJ, drink specials and great food — try rolls and butter, middle neck …
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Our 'Get Out' weekend planner has live music, local nightlife attractions and a must-see kids event this weekend
1. 98.1 WKDD KIDZ DAY 2011 Where/When: Boettler Park in Green, 5300 Massillon Road; 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday Why Go: Meet the Columbus Blue Jackets, ride in an astronaut simulator and meet Matthew Underwood from Nickelodeon's Zoe 101. Pricing: Pre-sale tickets are $3 for everyone, but kids 3 and younger get in free. Tickets are $5 at the door. Find ticket locations at this Kidz Day page. 2. JOHN GALL AT THE BARREL ROOM Where/When: The Barrel Room Wine & Beer Bar; 9 p.m.-midnight Friday Why Go: The folks at the Barrel Room say Gall is a crowd favorite. And why would they lie? Check out the classic rock singer and sip an ale on the patio. Perfect Friday night. Pricing: No cover 3. BETHESDA PERFORMS AT THE AURICLE Where/When: The Auricle Live …