The 26th Annual Kids Triathlon reached a record number of participants this year, with 131 children ages 5-15 participating.
Each participant from Saturday's event at Dogwood Pool received a triathlon medal, popsicle and water at the finish line. They also received a triathlon T-shirt and a YMCA wrist band.
Here's a breakdown of the distances by age group:
- 5- to 7-year-olds: Swim 25 yards, bike 1 mile, run 1 mile
- 8- to 9-year-olds: Swim 50 yards, bike 2 miles, run 1 mile
- 10- to 11-year-olds: Swim 100 meters, bike 2 miles, run 1 mile
- 12-to 13-year-olds: Swim 200 meters, bike 3 miles, run 2 miles
- 14- to 15-year-olds: Swim 300 meters, bike 4 miles, run 2 miles
Have photos of your own? Make sure to upload them here!