There's only a few weeks to register to vote in Stark County for the upcoming November election.
The Stark County Board of Elections offers two ways to register:
- Printing and filing out the form attached this this post
- Requesting forms be sent to your home. You can do this through the Stark County Board of Elections or the Secretary of State's office by mail, telephone, in person or by having another person obtain the form for you
The Ohio voter registration deadline is Oct. 9, 2012. The registration form must be signed, postmarked 30 days before the election and mailed to the BOE at 201 3rd St. NE FL 1, Canton, OH 44702 or the Secretary of State's Office, 180 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43215.
To vote in Stark County, you must be 18 before Nov. 6, 2012, a United States citizen, a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days before the election and registered to vote at least 30 days before the election.
There are several locations besides the board of elections to register to vote:
- Public libraries, including the
- At the offices of the
- At any public high school or vocational school
- Offices of designated agencies including:
- The Department of Job and Family Services;
- The Department of Health (including the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program);
- The Department of Mental Health;
- The Department of Developmental Disabilities;
- The Rehabilitation Services Commission; or
- Any state-assisted college or university that provides assistance to disabled students.
You qualify to vote if:
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You are at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election. If you will be 18 on or before November 8, 2011 you may vote in the primary election for candidates, but not on issues.
- You will be a resident of Stark County for at least 30 days immediately before the election.
- You are not incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction under the laws of the United States, this state or any other state of the United States.
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws.
- You register to vote at least 30 days before the election.
For more information, call the board 330-451-7017 or visit its website.
The Stark County Board of Elections is at 201 3rd St. NE FL 1, Canton.