As we look ahead to November’s elections, Stow Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about the races that affect Stow.
Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
This post only highlights a few races this November. .
• : The current 7.3-mil is expiring in its fifth year and the school district is asking voters to approve the renewal tax in November. The levy would generate $7.3 million annually for 10 years this time, not five, if passed.
• Summit County Fiscal Officer: The race was uncontested in the primary and Incumbent Kristen Scalise (D-Cuyahoga Falls) will be on the ballot with Ron Antal (R-Hudson) who owns in Stow.
• Summit County Executive: The race was uncontested in the March primary, but the race should heat up between Incumbent Russ Pry (D-Akron) and Munroe Falls Mayor Frank A. Larson, Jr. (R-Munroe Falls).
• Summit County Prosecutor: Incumbent Sherri Bevan Walsh knocked out a fellow Democrat, Leonard W. Hazelett, in the primary. Bevan Walsh will go up against Candace Kim Knox (R-Akron) this November.
• Summit County Sheriff: It's currently Drew Alexander's job, but he is not running for re-election. Steve Barry (D-Uniontown) will be on the ballot with Randy L. Rivers (R-Cuyahoga Falls) after Barry beat Frank J. Martucci, Jr. (D-Akron) in the primary.
• District 3 County Council: s up for election, but we're singling out the District 3 race because a Stow resident is in the running. Incumbent Gloria J. Rodgers (R-Stow) will face Russ Iona (D-Cuyahoga Falls) in November.