The North Canton City Schools Board of Education met Wednesday morning for a special meeting in which board members discussed and approved resignations for retirement and approved out-of-state sports outings.
Here's a quick rundown of what happened at the meeting:
- The board approved the resignations for retirement for bus monitor Dawn Wolf, crossing guard and monitor Tina Moor and monitor Jean Matako.
- The board accepted the resignations of Rick Pontius, school psychologist, and Kayleigh Bildstein, ISGI.
- Board members granted limited contracts for the 2012-13 school year to Lindsay McCorkle, high school science teacher, and Bruce Nist Jr., high school theater tech.
- Board members granted permission to Scott Snyder, girls' golf coach, to take his team to Covington, KY, Aug. 10-11 and Knox, KY, Aug. 17-18 for golf tournaments.
- The board approved all other agenda items (see the full agenda in the PDFs section of this update).
The board set its next meeting for 6 p.m. Aug. 15 in the Media Center.