They got him.
On Thursday, the , 33, who they believe was responsible for a string of recent bank robberies in the area, according to Stephen D. Anthony, Special Agent in Charge of the Cleveland Division of the FBI.
Gates was arrested, without incident, Thursday afternoon by members of the Safe Streets Task Force comprised of FBI agents, officers from the Canton and Alliance Police Department, and the Ohio Adult Parole Authority.
Gates has already been charged with one count of robbery in connection with the Aug. 10 holdup at Huntington Bank, located within the Giant Eagle at 608 Raff Rd. in Canton.
The investigation is ongoing and is being conducted by the FBI, Canton Police Department, Stark County Sheriffs Office, North Canton Police Department, and Liberty Police Department, reports the Falls News Press.
The following banks he’s suspected of robbing include:
- July 2, 2012: U.S. Bank, located inside the Fishers Food store at 4403 Cleveland Ave. in Canton.
- July 20, 2012:, located inside the Giant Eagle on Graham Road in Cuyahoga Falls.
- July 27, 2012: Huntington Bank, located inside the Giant Eagle at 4700 Belmont Ave. in Youngstown.
- , located inside the in North Canton.
- August 10, 2012: Huntington Bank, located inside the Giant Eagle at 608 Raff Rd. in Canton.
Authorities have not yet indicated whether Gates is suspected of robbing the in Cuyahoga Falls earlier today.