1. Drama, drama, drama: The play that debuted at the North Canton Playhouse Friday night is dripping with drama. With its small cast, "The Shape of Things" promises to be packed with intensity. Check out .
2. An illegal immigration matter: On Aug. 16, officials went to Mariachi Mexican Restaurant Owner Miguel Castro's six restaurants and started handcuffing employees — including the owner. Thirty-five employees were arrested for allegedly being in the country illegally, and officials shut down several restaurants, including .
3. Man Found Guilty of Fatal Crash: Paul A. Newton of North Canton appeared in court this week for causing the crash that killed a Canton woman. He could face up to 13 years in prison because of it.
4. Councilman resigns: Ward 3 Councilman Tim Fox said it was a tough decision to (which he won in November 2011) and apply for the city's vacant law director position. Council is now looking to fill the Ward 3 seat, while it still has not announced who will be the next North Canton law director.
5. Alcohol to blame in three-car crash: Police arrested a drunken man Sunday after he reportedly caused a three-car crash at the intersection by ACME and K-Mart. What's more? His passenger ran from the scene and got away. .