1. How would you change the city's crosswalks? We're looking for your ideas on how the city could ramp up pedestrian safety, especially at the intersection of Main and Maple streets. Watch for a poll this week! (And make sure to check out our council story from today in which about pedestrian safety.)
2. Greatest Person nominations: We've already received some great recommendations for North Canton's "greatest person," but we'd love more! Think you know someone who's made a difference recently in someone's life? Check out and nominate them today.
3. Timberdoodle doo-dah: Besides being an extremely entertaining word, timberdoodles are also pretty fascinating. Just ask the folks at Stark Parks. They want you to come out to the Hoover Park Trail at 7:45 p.m. Thursday to watch the birds' courtship flight ritual. Check out to see how you can RSVP.
4. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: presents One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturdays and at 2:30 p.m. Sunday. We've got more info for you in .
5. Brainy history: On this date in 1979, the Supreme Court ruled, 8-1, that police can't randomly stop cars (via brainyhistory.com).
Editor's note: The Stark State College building dedication planned for Thursday is by invitation only and has been removed from our 5-things list.