1. Tasty event: Thirty restaurants gave North Canton residents plenty to savor Wednesday at the Taste of North Canton. We took a few pictures of attendees, and they let us know their favorite dishes at the event. Check out the.
2. Girls basketball coach resigns: Tim Vick on Monday as girls basketball coach at Hoover High. Despite a 38-9 record in his two seasons, Vick bumped heads with the administration, including after making racially insensitive remarks at the team's banquet in April. Superintendent Michael Gallina said the district should have by the end of the month.
3. It's best to be ready: Disaster preparedness is important for any community, especially one with a nearby airport. That's why Akron-Canton Airport officials and county emergency responders hosted a simulation Wednesday to gauge how they would react to a worst-case scenario. Be sure to from the event.
4. Brecksville bridge plot: Tuesday began with news that rocked the region. The FBI arrested five men who were the State Route 82 bridge in Brecksville. A the men by the end of the week. They will appear at 11 a.m. Monday at the federal courthouse in Cleveland for detention and preliminary hearings.
5. All a hoax: The story of a woman being on Main Street produced heightened fear in the community. By Friday, 31-year-old the story was a hoax. Police Chief Stephan B. Wilder said the woman had been going through a great deal of emotional stress, which likely led her to create the story. Daugherty is scheduled to appear at Canton Municipal Court at 9 a.m. on Thursday.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something