Not in the holiday mood yet? Catch the spirit at one of these weekend events in North Canton – then share your photos with fellow Patch readers!
Here's what you do: Just upload your photo to this story by clicking the "upload photos and videos" button underneath our photo and take it from there!
Here's a rundown of what's going on in town this weekend:
- Photos with Santa at the North Canton Public Library from 2 to 3 p.m. today. Bring your own cameras for photos at this free event.
- The Harmony Ringers of A Chorus For A Cause will be "Ringing in Christmas" during a 7:30 p.m. concert tonight at St. Paul’s Catholic Church. A freewill offering will be taken.
- The annual "Christmas on Hoover Farm," set for 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Hoover Historical Center, features a decorated Victorian farmhouse, visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus, live music, refreshments and caroling through Hoover Park on horse-drawn wagon. All events are free except wagon rides, which are $3 per person.
- The Freedom Brass Band of Northeast Ohio will perform its Christmas concert at 3 p.m. Sunday at Zion United Church of Christ, followed by a cookie and punch reception. Canned goods and mitten tree donations will be accepted.
- The city's annual Christmas Sing and Tree Lighting on the Hoover Company lawn kicks off at 4:30 p.m. Sunday with a performance by the Elite Silver Stars. Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive on a North Canton fire truck at 5:45. Then, Mayor David Held and guests will light the Christmas tree. Santa will stay to visit with children in his new Santa House following the tree lighting. The free event includes free cocoa, coffee and cookies.
- First Southern Baptist Church will present its 6th annual Outdoor Live Nativity from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday. Drive through or stop by and have complimentary cookies and hot cocoa.