1. What's that noise?: Residents near the Hoover District — more specifically, around where Commercial Fluid Power is — have been . The city of North Canton is now working with the company to quiet the noise, which is from honing metal pipes.
2. Welcoming President Barack Obama: The Akron-Canton Airport employees got a glimpse of President Barack Obama as he was exiting Air Force One Wednesday. And Matt Fredmonsky of Kent Patch kept our readers up to date with what was happening that day at the Obama rally at Kent State University.
3. Stark Parks goes to the voters to pass levy: Stark Parks hopes you'll consider voting "yes" on Issue 55 — a 1-mill, eight-year property tax levy that will be used to cover the park district’s general operating costs and maintain existing resources as well as keep up on the quality of its facilities, trails, picnic areas and nature centers.
4. Love the library? It's on the ballot, too: The Stark County District Library also has an issue on the ballot this November. It's hoping its patrons will vote "yes" on Issue 42 — a 1.7-mill operating levy so the library can regain some of the amenities it lost through state budget cuts.
5. Resident unhappy with how city hired law director: One North Canton resident spoke up during Monday night's North Canton City Council meeting and said he's disappointed in how the city hired its first full-time law director. Click here to see why.