1. Large cat-like animal spotted: Three different city residents called after seeing what looked like a cougar or mountain lion at or near their homes, prompting Chief Stephan Wilder to issue a public safety alert. Check out the photos of a big paw print taken by a city police officer.
2. Former law director makes return appearance: Roy Batista, who served as city law director for more than 25 years, was appointed to the post this week on an interim basis. Batista will do the job for up to 60 days while North Canton City Council committee members interview 16 applicants for the city's first-ever full-time law director.
3. It's almost time for school to start: North Canton City Schools' officials are busy preparing for the start of classes later this month. Click this link to learn about school start and end times, what supplies students need to have and more. Also, find out how officials are reorganizing the district's bus routes.
4. City man invited to premiere car show: North Canton resident John Kristoff is showing off his Lancia Fulvia this week at the Concours d’Elegance of America in Michigan.
5. Suicidal mom charged with misdemeanors: A North Canton resident who threatened to shoot and kill herself while her two teenage children were in the home was charged with inducing panic and child endangerment by city police.