1. Hoover grads doing good: Hoover High grads Heather and Cece Ramsey aren't living in North Canton anymore, but that hasn't stopped them from doing good for their hometown. The sisters have organized a Relay for Life event at Lipscomb University, where they attend school, and they still made sure to recognize those North Canton residents who've been affected by cancer.
2. North Canton hones in on safety in schools: In light of the Newtown, Conn., school shootings, North Canton is looking at ways to make its schools safer. Community members — along with police, fire and school officials — talked safety and security at a Tuesday night town hall meeting.
3. Traffic frustrations on North Main Street: The city responded to one Patch reader's frustrations with timed traffic lights along North Main Street.
4. Permanent improvement levy for North Canton schools: Superintendent Michael Hartenstein wants to see if residents will approve a permanent improvement levy to update buildings and buses. The district will hold a meeting to discuss this Jan. 22.
5. 'South Pacific' debuts at North Canton Playhouse: Looking for something to do this weekend? The North Canton Playhouse just debuted a classic love story, "South Pacific." Check here for a video preview and show times.