1. Friday night with Mitt & Paul: North Canton Patch readers really came through last week when presidential candidate Mitt Romney and running mate Paul Ryan came to North Canton. They uploaded dozens of photos to Patch — crowd shots, photos of "Everybody Loves Raymond" star Patricia Heaton and lots more.
2. Fire shuts down North Main Street Wendy's: North Canton firefighters put out a blaze early Thursday morning inside the kitchen of the North Main Street Wendy's. The restaurant shut down temporarily and opened up again later that morning.
3. Hurricane Sandy — the effects from here to the east coast: The Ohio Patch team worked together this week to bring our readers comprehensive coverage of Hurricane Sandy and how it not only affected our friends to east, but how it affected us right here in our Patch towns. One of the most popular Hurricane Sandy stories was how it affected flights at the Akron-Canton Airport.
4. A new look for North Canton Collision: The management at North Canton Collision is still beaming over some summer building improvements, like a new and brighter exterior, an eco-friendly paint booth and updates to the inside of the auto shop.
5. A good deed from For Paws Animal Hospital and North Canton resident: For Paws Blue Cross Animal Hospital teamed up with a North Canton resident to donate a year's worth of flea and tick medication to the Stark County Humane Society. Read on to see how that all came together.