1. Mitt Romney crashes through North Canton bar window: If it's in the newspaper, it must be true, right? Well, not in this case. We found this completely made up story in the farcical online newspaper The Onion this week and had a good laugh about the North Canton name-drop.
2. Car gets stuck on retaining wall in construction area: What do you think? Was this an easy mistake to make? An East Canton woman misjudged the entrance to the shopping plaza at North Main and Applegrove streets and found her car stuck on a newly constructed retaining wall.
3. A new councilperson steps up to the plate: North Canton City Council swore in Stephanie Snow Werren as Ward 3 Rep Wednesday night, and we got a chance to talk one-on-one with Werren to see what her goals are for the coming years and what she new ideas she brings to the seven-member group.
4. Thumbs-up for Washington Square parking lot: Once the Winking Lizard restaurant opens up in Washington Square in the first quarter of 2013, employees and diners will have a place to park. (Duh, right?) Well, that parking lot first had to get the OK from the North Canton Planning Commission, which it did Wednesday night with no objections from residents.
5. Brews After 5 brings in more than 200 beer lovers: That's right — more than 200 beer lovers arrived at Hoover Park Wednesday night for the North Canton Area Chamber of Commerce's annual Brews After 5 event. Patch contributor Rob Netro submitted this blog post chalk full of photos from the night. In fact, there's about 100 shots between Rob and Stark State College student Carol Chesney! Feel free to add your own, too!