1. School levy gets readers fired up: North Canton City School officials announced this week they'll ask voters to approve a 2.4 mill levy in May. The continuous levy would generate about $1.44 million annually and cost the owner of a $100,000 home $73 per year.
2. City decides whether to pick up tabs on cremation/burial: North Canton City Council was tasked with sort of an usual ordinance this week. Council members had to consider approving the cremation or burial of a North Canton resident.
3. North Canton's cutest couple: Is it you? We're looking for North Canton's cutest couple and asking readers to post a photo of themselves and their sweeties before Valentine's Day.
4. Burglar breaks window to steal laptop: A burglar broke into a North Canton home and stole only a laptop computer, according to a recent police report. You can find that report and more in this week's crime blotter.
5. A thank-you from Long Beach students: Long Beach students sent Hoover High and Jackson High School students a thank-you for raising money after their school district was hit by Hurricane Sandy.