All it takes is a drive to Kent tonight and you'll find yourself surrounded by dozens of folk bands strumming it up inside restaurants and coffee shops and out in the alleys.
The best part?
This year's Folk Alley 'Round Town event, part of the 46th Annual Kent State Folk Festival, takes place throughout Kent and boasts of about 65 artists.
You can learn all about the Kent State Folk Festival, which kicked off Thursday, by reading this Kent Patch story.
Here's who we're looking forward to seeing tonight (but you can see the full schedule here):
- Bethesda — 8-10 p.m. at Acorn Alley, 154 E. Main St.
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers — 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Acorn Alley,154 E. Main St.
- Mo'Mojo — 9 p.m.-midnight at Mugs Brew Pub, 211 Franklin Ave. (This is the band that's set to perform at the North Canton Area , on Oct. 3.)
- Shivering Timbers — 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Ohio Music Shop, 118 E. Main St.
- The Speedbumps — 8 p.m. at Water Street Tavern, 132 S. Water St.
What: Folk Alley 'Round Town, part of the annual Kent State Folk Festival
When: The earliest shows start at 11:30 a.m. Friday, while the latest show ends at 12:30 a.m. Saturday
Do you have an idea for a Cheap Date in or around North Canton? Send Local Editor Morgan Day an email at Morgan.Day@patch.com.