Several Residents Hear Loud Noises Saturday Night — Did You?
Police haven't received any reports about the noises, described by some as sounding like "detonations," but here's what Patch readers are saying about the unidentified sounds
Several North Canton residents heard loud sounds — some described them as gunshots or detonations — late Saturday night and into Sunday morning.
But what were they?
Here's what they've been saying this morning:
- Julie Finley Spotts — "I heard them too, but to me, two sounded like gunshots, and one did sound like a detonation, or loud boom."
- Audrey Fuller — "Yes several times. Sounded like gun shots. Scared my daughter to death."
- Amy Ionno-Carpenter — "They did sound like am explosion of some sort."
- Eva Roethlisberger Lepelley — "we heard what sounded like cannons sat/sun and we are over by Price Park...scared the crap out of me..sounded like the cannons used when Massillon got a touchdown! LOL"
- Kelly Thompson-Steinbach — "I'm on Pittsburg and heard them too. The first one I thought was an explosion and during the night I heard about three more that kind of sounded like gun shots."
We're even hearing from our Twitter followers today, too.
- Joshua Husted — "@NCantonPatch we heard several over here on Bachtel St during the Ohio St game."
North Canton Patch first heard about the sounds through an email from a Patch reader who said he heard the sounds by North Canton Middle School. You, too, can send your news tips to Local Editor Morgan Day at Morgan.Day@patch.com.
Check back for more information about the sounds. Who knows, maybe we'll crack the case!