A driver who struck two pedestrians near Portage Street and Whipple Avenue reportedly left the scene of the crash but later called police admitting she was the one who struck the pedestrians.
Jackson Township Police Chief Dave Zink said this morning that the crash occurred at 11:10 p.m. Sunday, and the driver called North Canton police just before midnight with information about the crash.
Zink said the two pedestrians were crossing the street when they were struck. The two were taken to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.
Meanwhile, no one has been charged in the crash.
"We suspect alcohol to be a factor in the accident, but again, it remains under investigation," Zink said.
Check back with North Canton Patch for more on the crash.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Unprecedented Citywide Inspection Targets Blighted North Canton Homes
- Grandson Reportedly Steals $10K From Elder; Thwarted Crime; and Car Thefts: Crime Blotter
- 3 Foreclosed North Canton Homes Going to Sheriff's Sale
- Erick Howard Must be Resentenced for Robbery, Rape
- North Canton Meth Cook Sentenced to Prison