Vice President Joe Biden made a campaign stop in Canton Monday, and, according to local and national media, gave a good verbal wallop to Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney.
Biden spoke that afternoon at the J. Babe Stearn Community Center to a crowd of about 850 people.
Biden called Romney a "pioneer of outsourcing" and said, if elected president, Romney would eliminate taxes for companies bringing profits home from overseas, according to campaign coverage from Politico.
This is what came next: An audience member yelled “Malarkey!” — a word associated with Biden for the time being (ever since his "That's a bunch of malarkey" comment to Paul Ryan during the vice presidential debate Oct. 11).
“That’s more than malarkey, that’s deadly,” Biden replied, according to Politico. He said cutting those taxes would create more than 800,000 new jobs, all of them abroad.
Biden also rode the coattails of President Barack Obama's Romnesia joke, which taunts Romney for saying one thing and then forgetting it later in his campaign. According to the Akron Beacon Journal, Romney is so vague with his plans he’s “Etch-A-Sketchy.”
The ABJ also reported Biden saying he and Obama have committed to withdrawing troops from Afghanistan.
See More on Patch
- History Revealed; New B.A.M.; and Suspected Kidnapper Caught: Week in Review
- Issue 18: North Canton City Schools Permanent Improvement Levy
- Issue 2: Stark County 911 Emergency Services Levy
- VP Biden to Close Interstate 77 Entrances, Exits Around 1 p.m.
- Vice President Joe Biden Makes Stop in Canton Today for Campaign Rally
Most Popular articles
- Unprecedented Citywide Inspection Targets Blighted North Canton Homes
- Grandson Reportedly Steals $10K From Elder; Thwarted Crime; and Car Thefts: Crime Blotter
- 3 Foreclosed North Canton Homes Going to Sheriff's Sale
- Erick Howard Must be Resentenced for Robbery, Rape
- North Canton Meth Cook Sentenced to Prison