Looks like the Grinch isn't the only one with a penchant for stealing Christmas trees.
Someone entered a home in the 300 block of Royer Avenue NW between 12:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. Dec. 24 and made off with a 48-inch lighted wreath and a Christmas tree with lights.
The person also damaged the front door and the awning over the door.
Estimated damage and loss is $1,165.
North Canton police are investigating the theft.
7th Street NW home burglarized
A woman living in the 100 block of 7th Street NW told police her home was burglarized between 8 a.m. Oct. 3 and 10:11 a.m. Oct. 5. Someone took several dishes (valued at $100) that were packed inside trash cans in her living room. She called the police later to report that her car keys also were missing.
Mabry Mill Drive home burglarized
Someone took several items from a home in the 1600 block of Mabry Mill Drive SW between 6 a.m. July 4 and 1 p.m. Oct. 31. The police report listed items as "pending."
Car stolen, discovered on Emerson Avenue NW
A resident in the 900 block of Emerson Avenue NW called police about a car that had been abandoned near that address between 6 p.m. Dec. 6 and 4:30 a.m. Dec. 8. Police made contact with the car's owner, a resident in the 700 block of Portage Street NW who said he had no idea his car was missing.
The owner said the car had been broken into about a week and a half before that and nothing but a child's car seat was stolen then.
Teens caught after setting off bomb in yard
Two 13-year-olds and a 14-year-old were charged with criminal damaging or endangering after reportedly setting off a bottle bomb in someone's yard in the 1000 block of Edgewood Street between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Nov. 30.
Big-screen TVs stolen from Woodside Avenue SE home
Two big screen TVs were stolen from a home in the 100 block of Woodside Avenue SE between 5:10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Dec. 7.
Someone stole a 39-inch flat-screen Magnavox TV, a 22-inch flat-screen RCA TF, a pewter chalice wine glass and $60 in loose and rolled change. The victim called police later to report DVDs and DVD box sets were also stolen.
Estimated loss is $1,770.
Car damaged on Sunset Boulevard SW
Someone broke out a window of a car parked in the 800 block of Sunset Boulevard SW between 3 and 4:30 a.m. Dec. 9.
Price Park pump house vandalized
Someone spray-painted "CR" on the east side of the pump house at the south end of Price Park, 1025 Glenwood Street, between 10 a.m. Dec. 1 and 10:55 a.m. Dec. 8.
For questions about today's police blotter, email Editor Morgan Day at Morgan.Day@patch.com.
See More on Patch
- Police Uniform and Firearm Stolen From Cars: Crime Blotter
- Orange Crush Booster Club Questions Where Funds Have Gone: Crime Blotter
- Man Involved in Hit-and-Run Fights With Police When They Track Him Down: Crime Blotter
- Man Huffs Keyboard Cleaner, Passes Out, Crashes Into Tree: Crime Blotter
- Suspected Drug Addict Chases Down Mother for Money: Crime Blotter
Most Popular articles
- 3 Foreclosed North Canton Homes Going to Sheriff's Sale
- Teenager Caught With Assortment of Drugs; Smash and Grab; and Public Indecency: Crime Blotter
- Child Taught to Steal; K-9 Abuse; and Homeless Man Evicted From Tent: Best of the Blotter
- House for Sale Has 3-Season Sunroom with Skylight, Sliding Glass Doors
- High-Speed Chase Ends With Crash, Felony Arrest: Crime Blotter