WANTED: Girls on the Run Race Volunteers
- Organization: Girls on the Run of Stark County
- Date(s): June 1 & June 2, 2012
- Contact person: Patty Lovell
- Phone: 330.936.7000
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.gotrstarkcty.org
This is the third year of our event and we are expecting upwards of 1500 participants! Following is
a list of volunteer opportunities. All volunteers must pass a background check prior to the event.
• Greeters - will welcome participants and direct them to registration area, starting line, etc.
• Registration clerks – will assist participants signing up for the event on race day
• Packet Gatherers - will assist registration clerks in handing out T-shirts and goody bags
• Face Painters - will apply ʻGirl Power Stripesʼ (basically 2 strips of paint under the
eyes) to willing participants. Some will work inside the gym, others by the start line
• Food Helpers – will hand out Subway sandwiches, chips, bananas etc. to participants
after the event
• Goody Haircare Booth Helpers – will help participants style their hair with colorful hairspray before the 5k.
• Parking Attendants – will direct participants to designated parking area (must be there at
• Track Attendants – will direct participants to designated running/walking staging area
• Finish Line Attendants – will work at finish line to offer drinks and directions to
• Road Marshals – will work at intersections/turns directing runners on the course
• Water Stop Helpers – will hand out water and Powerade Zero sports drink to the participants on
This is a fun event! We had nearly 1000 participants last year and all the girls had a great time!